Massage is no longer available just through high-end health spa and upscale health clubs. Today, massage therapy is offered in companies, practices, hospitals as well as airports. If you’ve never attempted massage, learn about its possible health benefits and things to anticipate within a massage therapy session.
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage therapists typically use their hands and fingers for massage, but might likewise use their forearms, elbows and even feet. Massage may vary from light stroking to deep pressure. MassageFuquay.com
There are many different kinds of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage. This is a mild form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, shaking and tapping to help unwind and energize you.
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, generally to aid with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. That Is just like Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward folks involved with sport tasks to assist in preventing or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This massage targets aspects of tight muscle fibers that may form in muscle tissue after injuries or overuse.
Benefits of massage
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It’s increasingly being provided in addition to standard treatment for a broad range of health conditions and situations.
Studies of the benefits of massage show it is a highly effective treatment for reducing anxiety, pain and muscle tension.
While more research is necessary to support the advantages of massage, some studies have found massage may also be ideal for:
- Digestive ailments
- Insomnia associated with tension
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Beyond the gains for specific conditions or diseases, many people appreciate massage as it frequently involves caring, comfort, a feeling of empowerment and generating deep links using their massage therapist.
Despite its benefits, massage is not meant as a replacement for routine medical care. Let your physician know you are trying massage and remember to follow any regular treatment plans you might have.
Hazards of massage
Most people may take advantage of massage. Nevertheless, massage may not be appropriate if you have:
- Bleeding illnesses or take blood-thinning drug
- Burns, open or treating wounds
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Serious osteoporosis
- Acute thrombocytopenia
Talk about the advantages and disadvantages of massage with your doctor, particularly if you’re pregnant or have cancer or unexplained pain.
Some types of massage can leave you feeling a little sore the following day. But massage should not ordinarily be distressing or uncomfortable. If any part of your massage doesn’t feel right or is distressing, speak up right away. Most serious difficulties come from a lot of pressure during massage.
In rare circumstances, massage may cause:
- Internal bleeding
- Nerve damage
- Temporary paralysis
- Allergies to massage oils or lotions
Learn about your options for the best massage at MassageFuquay.com today!